After lots of trial and error, the proprietary nail wraps of Jamberry Nails launched in late 2010. The DIY, at-home application and incredible variety of designs caught on quickly and sales soared. A new era of nail art was born.
Gone are the days of nails that chip and flake after only a few days! Gone are the days of mani/pedis that take all afternoon and most of your cash, too! Jamberry Nails arm you with style and confidence, while demanding very little of your time or money.
I was sent a few single Jamberry Nails decals for review. Two were a solid color and the third a true ROY G BIV which matched me new mini Color Club purple - Disco Dress - to a T. As instructed by the card provided, I followed these steps:
- Clean unpolished nails with alcohol
- Match nail (finger or toe) to the wrap that best fits
- Peel off wrap, warm with blow dryer for 10-15 seconds until soft & flexible
- When warm, press wrap onto nail, apply firm pressure around edges to adhere to nail. Use rubber cuticle pusher to seal the wrap around base of cuticle.
- Trim top with scissors, file off remaining wrap using downward motion to remove excess.
- Apply heat & pressure to wrap again until bonded to the nail
- Huge range of custom designs, some intricate, some simple
- An added layer of durability with the heat application
- Easy to remove
- Having the ability to order direct online if you don't want to hold a party
- Great for "mommy and me" manis and custom ideas
- Price, they are a little high for my wallet, but if you host a party - you'll probably see a decent discount
- Wrinkles, at least on my nail
- Bit of residue, which I wouldn't mind, but the site specifically says it won't have any
Jamberry nails can be purchased direct from their website or find yourself a consultant like Ms. Shea who sent me her samples (let me know if you'd like her contact info.).
Three single nail samples were provided to me for review.